Friday, December 25, 2009

Bah Humbug!!!

Day Two - Christmas Day: Everyone slept in today. I miss those days when it was 5 in the morning and one of the kids would be running in wanting every one to get up and have breakfast(that was the rule when they were little - eat first) so they could see what Santa had brought them.
I got up around 9:30, put the turkey in the oven and made breakfast - eggs, biscuits and gravy. The silence lasted about half a day then something was said that caused something else to be said and so on. On Facebook my daughter asked what everyone wanted for Christmas. I stated Peace on Earth, Goodwill toward Men, just playing around but that is exactly what I wanted in my own family. I just wanted everyone to get along for one 24 hour period. But that was not to be. Why can't we just get along, say your opinion but without hurt feelings and without blaming mistakes of the past on each other.
God has shown me this year that I need to listen more and react less. To not be so quick to anger when things are said. I failed that lesson miserably today.

No comments:

Post a Comment